BowTie is a wall tie system for connecting masonry walls to internal timber joists.
BowTie HDs are used when tying to parallel joists. Standard helical BowTies are recommended when installing into joist ends.
Standard BowTie installation involves driving one end of a self-tapping, stainless steel, helical tie through the wall and into the end on joist to a minimum depth of 75mm. Depending on the circumstances, the tie may be either dry fixed into the wall or bonded into it with resin.
The BowTie HD design includes a 12mm diameter threaded bar with a self-cutting end for easy installation. Installation involves drilling a clearance hole through the masonry, driving the BowTie HD through the first and subsequent joists using a setting tool fitted to a drill set on rotary only and bonding the end of the tie to the wall with EpoxyPlus TE resin.
- Tie for securing walls to internal timber joists
- One-piece stainless steel tie
- Great axial strength
- Effective in both soft and hardwoods
- Can be installed into parallel joists and joist ends
- Very effective and economical solution
- Rapid, easy installation
- Non-disruptive external installation and no splitting of timbers
- Minimal inconvenience to occupants
- Security of fixing in joists easily proof tested