ResiTie is a remedial wall tie used where a resin bonding is required at both tie ends. The tie is manufactured from from austenitic stainless steel Grade 304 (1.4301) or 316 (1.4401).
ResiTies are ideally suited for use in situations not otherwise suited to mechanical pinning or for use in small quantities minimising specialised tooling requirements.
ResiTies are easy to install and engineered from austenitic stainless steel, Grade 316 as standard. They are suitable for use in cavity and solid masonry construction.
Material: ASTM316 as standard (Grade 304 available)
Diameter: 8mm standard (10mm available)*
Cross Sectional Area: 10mm2 (15mm2)
Stock Lengths: Standard and cut lengths up to 500mm
Required Length: Minimum 3/4 of near leaf thickness + cavity width + minimum 55mm far leaf penetration
Bonding Agent: EpoxyPlus TE resin
Characteristic Performance: Earthquake Medium Duty, for cavity 75mm (AS/NZS2699. 1 Type B Classification – 8mm Tie)
*Diameter measures from fin edge to fin edge
- Replacement tie for cavity walls where a resin bond is required at both ends of the tie
- Recommended for small jobs requiring 200 ties or less
- Pinning multi-layer masonry (with ties up to 300mm long)
- Quick,easy, non-disruptive installation
- Effective in all common building materials
- Far and near leaf security of fixing easily proof tested
- Flexibility accommodates normal building movement
- Highly economical and effective
- Minimal inconvenience to occupants
- Leaves building virtually unmarked
- No splitting of bricks and blocks
- Multiple drip points prevent transfer of water across cavity