Remedial wall tie system with a resin/resin fix
ResiTie is the solution to pinning and tying problems where a chemical anchoring is required at both ends of the tie.
ResiTies are easy to install and engineered from austenitic stainless steel, Grade 316 as standard. They are suitable for use in all standard cavity and solid masonry construction.
The ResiTie system involves drilling a clearance hole into the material to be pinned, and chemically bonding a helical, stainless steel ResiTie into position with EpoxyPlus resin.
- Replacement tie for cavity walls where a resin bond is required at both ends of the tie
- One-piece stainless steel tie
- Great axial strength
- Flexibility to accommodate natural building movement
- Effective in all common building materials
- Economical and effective
- Helical design ensures excellent resin bond
- Far leaf security of fixing easily proof tested...Learn more
- Multiple drip points prevent transfer of water across cavity
- Leaves building virtually unmarked
- Minimal inconvenience to occupants
- EpoxyPlus resin in both leaves
Example Application: Replacing wall ties using ResiTies (Reference: ANZ-RT03)
Drill a clearance hole (typically 10-12mm) through the near leaf and into the remote leaf.
Clean the hole of spoil and dust using a brush and airjet and then inject EpoxyPlus resin into the remote leaf.
Wind the ResiTie into the resin-filled hole in the remote leaf.
Fill the hole in the near leaf with resin.
Allow resin to cure and make good.
Caution: Always locate, identify and isolate any electrical, water or gas services which may be present in the wall or the wall cavities and can pose a safety risk before drilling or cutting. Always take the necessary safety precautions. Use electrical safety gloves and wear appropriate footwear and eyewear. OHS Reference: Helifix Remedial Wall and Pinning Safe Installation Guide.
|Standard Material||Diameter||Length||Product Code|
|Grade 316 stainless steel||8mm||To order||HRS8|
| NOTES: Typically, ResiTies length should equal: Minimum 3/4 of near leaf thickness + cavity width + 55mm far leaf penetration ResiTies are to be spaced in accordance with building code requirements to suit site conditions and location. Relevant standards include |
New Zealand Standard NZS4210
Australian Standard AS3700...Learn more