Remedial wall tie system with a dry/resin fix
RetroTie is the solution to a variety of pinning and tying problems where a dry/epoxy resin combination fixing is required.
RetroTies are ideally suited for use in situations not otherwise suited to the DryFix remedial wall tie system or where a full mechanical pinning solution cannot be readily achieved. RetroTies may be used, for example, to retie masonry comprising a combination of different materials and where the opportunity to achieve a full mechanical connection is limited by the very poor or soft condition of the near leaf. RetroTies might also be used when the specifier or project engineer requires random or immediate testing of the connection into the remote leaf.
Installation involves driving a self-tapping, helical RetroTie into the far leaf of the wall to be tied or pinned, and resin bonding the remaining end of the tie into the near leaf with EpoxyPlus resin.
- Replacement tie for cavity walls where a dry/epoxy resin combination fixing is required
- One-piece, austenitic stainless steel tie
- Mechanical fixing, without expansion, in the far leaf
- Hi-Fin helical profile for optimal mechanical connection in the far leaf and optimal resin bond in the near leaf
- Great axial strength.
- Flexibility to accommodate natural building movement
- Effective in all common building materials
- Quick and easy installation
- Far leaf security of fixing easily proof tested...Learn more
- Multiple drip points prevent cross-cavity water transfer
- Leaves building virtually unmarked
- EpoxyPlus resin in near leaf only
Example Application: Replacing wall ties using RetroTies (Reference: ANZ-RT02)
Drill a small pilot hole (diameter to suit remote leaf requirements) through the near leaf and into the remote leaf...Learn more
Enlarge the hole through the near leaf (typically to 10-12mm diameter) and then clean of spoil and dust using a brush and airjet.
Load the RetroTie into a Power Driver Attachment or HRT support tool fitted to an SDS hammer drill.
Drive the tie into the remote leaf.
Fill the hole in the near leaf with EpoxyPlus resin, allow resin to cure and make good.
Caution: Always locate, identify and isolate any electrical, water or gas services which may be present in the wall or the wall cavities and can pose a safety risk before drilling or cutting. Always take the necessary safety precautions. Use electrical safety gloves and wear appropriate footwear and eyewear. OHS Reference: Helifix Remedial Wall and Pinning Safe Installation Guide.
|Standard Material||Diameter||Length||Product Code|
|Grade 316 stainless steel||8mm||To order||HRT8|
| NOTES: Typically, RetroTie length should equal: Minimum 3/4 of near leaf thickness + cavity width + far leaf penetration RetroTies are to be spaced in accordance with building code requirements to suit site conditions and location. Relevant standards include |
New Zealand Standard NZS4210
Australian Standard AS3700...Learn more